Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are limiting the number of visitors allowed in the office. Visitors must wear a mask and maintain social distancing guidelines. Visitors may be asked to wait outside the office. You may continue to submit all permits and business licenses to PO Box 1656 Lovelock, NV 89419. Permits only may be submitted via email to [email protected] or [email protected]. Please feel free to call our office at (775)273-2700, to address any questions you may have.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your cooperation.
The Building Department is responsible for issuing all permits for new construction, remodels, septic systems and manufactured homes. Numerous handouts are available to help with your project. Inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
Building Department Applications and Handouts
Effective in 2020, the Pershing County Building Department has adopted 2018 building codes and will no longer be utilizing 2012 codes. If you need further information, please call our office at (775) 273-2700. We can now issue permits over the counter for certain building projects and have forms to assist you with your building projects, please look at them for further details.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Building Department Applications and Handouts17 documents
- Building Permit Application
- Septic Permit Application
- NAC Standards for Septic install
- Manufactured Home Setup Guide
- Manufactured Home Application
- 2018 Northern Nevada Code Amendments
- Addition - Single Family Residential 2018 Building Code Guide
- Basement - Single Family Residential 2018 Building Code Guide
- Detached Garage - Single Family Residential 2018 Building Code Guide
- Residential Guidelines 2021 Residential Building Guide
- Patio Covers & Carports - Single Family Residential 2018 Building Code Guide
- Uncovered Porch/Deck - Single Family Residential 2018 Building Code Guide
- Post Frame or Pole Building (Non-Engineered)
- Commercial Building Guide 2018 Building Code Guide
- Owner Builder Affidavit (Revised 06-28-2021)
- Pershing County Grading Permit Handout
- Floodplain Building Permit Application
Development Code Divisions9 documents
- Table of Contents
- Development Code History
- Division One - Introduction and Organization
- Division Two - Area Plan Regulations
- Division Three - Regulation of Uses
- Division Four - Subdivision Regulations
- Division Five - Development Regulations
- Division Six - Procedures
- Division Seven - General Provisions