Important Information Regarding Evictions
Updated October 15, 2020
On October 14, 2020, the moratorium set by the Governor Sisolak expired. The Nevada Supreme Court has adopted rules relating to the mediation of summary residential evictions. See the links below for helpful resources for both landlords and tenants regarding the new order:
- Order Adopting Temp Residential Summary Eviction Mediation Rules
- Cares Act Grant for Rental Assistance Information
- Government Rental Assistance - English
- Asistencia de alquiler del gobierno - español
- Lease Addendum and Promissory Note for Rental Arrearages Due to COVID 19
- CDC Moratorium on Evictions/Declaration
- Civil Law Self Help Center
As of October 24, 2020, per the Supreme Court Order adopting temporary residential summary eviction mediation rules, the following forms have been changed and will need to be access at the Civil Law Self Help Center or from the Lake Township Justice Court.
- 7-Day Non-Payment of Rent Eviction Form
- Landlord's Affidavit
- Tenant's Affidavit
Nevada Housing Division - CARES Act
The State of Nevada is providing $30 million in short term rental assistance to Nevadans experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
Nevada Legal Services is a non-profit organization providing legal services to low income Nevadans. All advice is free of charge. Visit NLSLawnet for more information.